For those who are wondering where are we, what are our plans for the next few months, here a quick summary as much accurate as I can…
We have left temporally Indonesia for the Philippines where we plan to spend one month and half:
– We flew Manado to Jakarta on the 3rd of December 2012
– Then,Jakarta to Manila on the 4th of december with an arrival at Manila at 6am.
– We finally arrived at Boracay on the same day.
– We first planned to stay only 10 days at Boracay which was supposed to be enough to kitesurf 8 hours a day as this island enjoys from November to March trade winds. So basically, you are very unlucky if there is no wind. However, on arriving at Boracay on the 4th, the Philippines were threatened by a classe 4 to 5 typhoon which didn’t travel far from Boracay. As a result from the 5th to the 12th of December, NO WIND…. So NO KITE…
– So we decided to stay for an entire month to have some chance to kitesurf. We will leave Boracay the 12th January 2013.
– On that day, we will fly to Manila to then reach Donsol to go swimming with the whale sharks.
– We will then leave Manila on the 19th of January 2013 to fly via Kuala Lumpur to Sumatra Island to trek with the oranges-outangs at the north of the island.
– On the 27th of January, approximately one week later, we will fly again via Kuala Lumpur to Yangoon, the capital of Burma for three exciting weeks. Here, Caroline’s mum and stepfather will join us for the discovery of this untouched culture which is slowly opening to tourism and western world.
– On the 20th of feburary, we will fly, again via Kuala Lumpur to Kathmandu. Nepal will open his arms just at the end of the winter season for us to go trekking either around Anapurna, Langtang or toward the Everest camp. Not sure yet, we will decide soon.
– 3 weeks later, we will leave the cold weather to reach Johannesburg on the 15th of march via Qatar. Overthere, temperature will be much higher and it will be the end of rainy season. We can expect some mosquitoes. We will trip to the Okavango Delta, Chobe NP in Botswana up to the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. We end up our 2 weeks trips with the visit of Kruger Park in South Africa.
– From there, we will fly to Sao Paulo in Brasil. On the 30th of march 2013.We are not sure of our itinerary but we plan two months to reach Lima in Peru roughly through Northern Argentina, Boliva and Peru.
– At the beginning of June 2013, we will fly to Lima straight to Panama. We will have roughly three months to cross all central America up to Mexico before flying to France between mid-august to beginning of September.
– Finally, we will be back to Australia at the start of October 2013 to put into practice our kite surf skills as summer will start in that part of the world.